Wednesday, September 13, 2006
CAs Recognize Their Best and Brightest Under 40
ICAO Award of Distinction 2006 Recipients
The Chartered Accounting profession is honouring its up and coming young talent with a new award recognizing their past achievements and bright futures. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (ICAO) Award of Distinction honours those CAs who have made an early impact, bringing distinction to themselves and to their profession through leadership and achievement in their professional, community and/or personal lives. Only CAs born in 1966 or later were eligible for consideration for the 2006 awards.
The 12 Chartered Accountants chosen as the initial ICAO Award of Distinction recipients were chosen following a rigorous nomination and selection process, which culminated in a secret-ballot vote of the ICAO Council. The ICAO Award of Distinction is to be awarded every three years hereafter.
Here are the 2006 ICAO Award of Distinction recipients:
- Jennifer Fiddian-Green, CA - Grant Thornton LLP, Toronto
- Jamie Golombek, CA - AIM Trimark Investments, Toronto
- Susan E. Bragg, CA - Gaviller & Company LLP, Collingwood
- Carl A. Oxholm, CA - PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Mississauga
- Iseo Pasquali, CA - Deloitte & Touche LLP, Toronto
- J. Martin Ritchie, CA - Caledon Mills Consultancy Ltd., Toronto
- Timothy W. S. Rollins, CA - Research in Motion Limited, Waterloo
- Anthony Scilipoti, CA - Veritas Investment Research Corp., Toronto
- J. Mark Skeggs, CA - PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Toronto
- D. W. Blair Smith, CA - BDO Dunwoody LLP, Thunder Bay
- Cynthia F. Veinot, CA - Deloitte & Touche LLP, Toronto
The ICAO Award of Distinction recipients will be honoured at a celebration evening in Toronto on September 14, 2006.
About the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario:The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario is the qualifying and regulatory body of Ontario's 32,000 CAs and 4,000 CA students. Since 1879, the Institute has protected the public interest through the CA profession's high standards of qualification and the enforcement of its rules of professional conduct. Recognized internationally, the CA designation denotes financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight and leadership. The Institute website is: www.icao.on.ca.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
(416) 969-4271 or 1-800-387-0735 ext. 271